12.11.2009

This is why I do it

Remember how much music meant to you when you were a teenager? For me it was everything, it still is, but as I got older I watched music become less important to some of the same people whom once shared those all night sleep outs with me to get tickets to concerts of bands we loved. Well, when I see what I'll call the Native Basement Tapes it makes me smile, it makes me remember how music can mean so much to people. I love to see young people at that defining moment where they are exposed to an underground , when they start to choose not to fall for that phony stuff, but instead for the real stuff , for those honest bands who care about music and who are doing it for the love. To all those myspace generation bands only thinking about how quickly you can get a tour bus, a manager, a label - Think instead about the Music.






No comments: